Setting up your Shine a Light on Lung Cancer fundraising page
Whether you are hosting a Shine a Light on Lung Cancer event or not, creating a dedicated fundraising page is a thoughtful way to support a family member, friend or colleague who is living with lung cancer, or to honour the memory of someone who has lost their battle with this devastating disease.
Setting up your page
Simply click here and follow the prompts to fill in your details and fundraising goal.
Tips for setting up your page:
- Tell Your Story: Upload photos to your page and write a little bit about why you are fundraising or hosting a Shine a Light on Lung Cancer event.
- Why fundraise? Give people some background information about lung cancer to let them know how their donation will make a difference. For example: Every dollar raised from this campaign will be invested in lung cancer research.
Information you can use on your page:
- One Australian dies every hour from lung cancer, making it the leading cause of cancer death in Australia; more than breast, prostate and ovarian cancers combined.
- 12,500 Australians will be diagnosed with lung cancer in 2017 – that’s 34 people every day.
- Lung cancer is Australia’s biggest cancer killer – yet less than 5% of research funding is allocated to lung cancer research.
- Anyone can get lung cancer – one in three women diagnosed with lung cancer and one in 10 men have no history of smoking.
- Lung cancer has one of the lowest survival rates of any cancer in Australia; just 15 percent of Australians are alive five years after their diagnosis.
- More funding is needed to facilitate research that will support better outcomes for people with lung cancer.
- Ask people to share: Invite people to share your Everyday Hero page on their social media with their friends, family and colleagues.
- Donate to your page. <Kerrie has some info about this being successful>
- Allow anonymity:Allow people to make anonymous donations.
Download information pdf: