Event + Fundraising Ideas
Your Shine a Light event can be as small or as big as you like, and here are some ideas to get you started.
If you haven’t already, make sure you let us know about your Shine a Light on lung cancer event by contacting Kerrie Callaghan on 07 3251 3641 or email email@example.com.
Everyone loves a sausage sizzle! And whether you host it at a park, beach, your home or local store (such as Bunnings, Repco or Office Works), it’s a great way to get friends and families together.
Tip: Tell your local butcher about your event and ask if they would be willing to provide the sausages at cost price in return for mentioning them on social media and putting up their sign at your event. Ask them about the possibility of donating a meat tray to raffle off for fundraising at your event.
A morning tea can be a simple and informal way of hosting an event and can be done in the convenience of your own home, at a park, or even gather your workmates and host one at your work.
A walk is one of the easiest types of events you can host. Below are a few tips to take into consideration when planning your walk:
- Choose a route that is patient friendly
- Set a walking timeframe
- Have a backup day in case of weather
- Remind your participants to bring water and stay hydrated
- Choose a picturesque location
- Celebrate your walk with a breakfast, coffee or a barbeque after.
Planning your event
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Set a date and location
- Send an invitation (email, text message, or set up a Facebook event)
- Encourage your friends, family and colleagues to get involved
- Setup your fundraising page and include the link in your invitation, in case people aren’t able to attend, but still want to contribute
- Promote your event. Post your invitation on your social media with a link back to your fundraising page.
- Put up postersat your work or school
Promote your event using our promo pack, coming soon.